Funding support for young people to help access university
We are contacting you to make you aware of generous funding support available to young people in Scotland who want to study civil engineering. The Into Civil Engineering scholarships are administered through the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) in Scotland.
It may be you have direct involvement in funding or as an advisory service to young people seeking funding. If so, we are asking if you can make young people aware of this funding support that is available to them.
- A maximum of five awards of £4000 each per year for young people aged 21 and under living in Scotland to study in Scotland
- Applications are invited from young people applying for a college or university course in Civil Engineering from September/October 2018 onward
- The award is open to full-time or part-time students as well as apprentices or students on day or block release from an employer
- Each successful candidate will receive £4000 per year for a maximum period of four years
- Awards will be given in two equal £2000 instalments in August and December
The civil engineering qualification must be recognised by the Institution of Civil Engineers – for example NC, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng, MEng. Recipients of the award will be expected to commit to a future professional engineering qualification such as EngTech MICE, IEng MICE or CEng MICE.
This initiative has been made possible thanks to a generous donation to the Institution by Mr. Gordon Mackay, a retired solicitor, based in Govan, Glasgow.
Communications & Marketing, ICE Scotland
Institution of Civil Engineers
t +44 (0)141 225 8194 (direct dial)
t +44 (0)141 221 5276
m +44 (0)7773 386109