Pupils going to Inverness College UHI for the first time will often feel a bit nervous and apprehensive about what is to come. For some new students this feeling can be magnified by anxiety, stress, ASD or difficulties in dealing with change.
To support the students who need a little bit of extra help, who are care leavers/ care experienced or have caring responsibilities (anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support), IC are hosting a transition event on 16th August between 10:00am- 12:30pm. This way new students will have the opportunity to be supported and prepared for their first day at the Inverness College UHI.
The visit will include an opportunity to:
- Build confidence
- Familiarise with the campus
- Meet small group of students with similar experiences*
- Gain an insight into student life
- Find out more about the Support Services (i.e. Guidance, Wellbeing, ASN)
- Meet the Transition Co-ordinator: a dedicated point of contact for our care experienced students, student carers and all students who need a little bit of extra support
We have provisionally booked twelve places but as this takes place in the summer holidays parents would need to take the pupil to Inverness. Please let the appropriate Guidance Teacher know and we will inform Inverness College know that you are attending.