Dates for your Diary
The 2017-2018 version of the school calendar can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Nairn Academy School Calendar 2017-2018
(once open please use the + key on the left hand side of the page to zoom in)
Dates for your diary
- For current S1 and S2 parents – we are hosting an event on Monday 11 September, 7.00-9.00pm with Tree of Knowledge. The focus for the presentation is ‘Parental Engagement’ looking at ways that school and parents can work together to support learning. We hope to see as many S1 and S2 parents along.
- Tree of Knowledge will also be involved in a specific session with S3 pupils during the school day on Tuesday 12 September. The focus will be on developing a mind set and attitude to enable pupils to fulfil their potential. Tree of Knowledge are well represented across schools and offer a motivating and entertaining approach to their presentations.
- School in-service days – school will be closed to pupils on Monday 18 September and Tuesday 19 September. Pupils return on Wednesday 20 September which is the first of our fundraising dress down day. Further details will be issued through assemblies/bulletins/Blog.
- Tuesday 26 September – we invite P6 and P7 parents to join us for an informal Open Afternoon between 2.15pm and 3.15pm. This is a chance for prospective parents to get an ‘early doors’ tour of the school, meet our S6 students and senior staff. There are further opportunities to visit for P7 parents in January (23rd). Details will be issued via the primary schools nearer the time.
- Our Parent Council AGM is due to take place in the school on Thursday 21 September 2017 at 7.00pm. This meeting is open to all parents. It is a great opportunity to hear about the work of the Parent Council and issues they have been discussing over the last year e.g. the school building, curriculum and linking with the Pupil Council. We will also update parents about the changes to assessment of the National 4/5 qualifications. This is of particular importance for pupils in S4, S5 and S6.
- Nairn’s Got Talent – preparation is already underway for the show this year. This will take place during the last week of this term (week beginning 2 October).
- School photos – Tempest will be in school on Monday 2 October for pupil photos.
- School closes for October holidays at 12.35pm on Friday 6 October. All pupils and staff return on Monday 23 October.
- Advance notice > date for your diary – we have planning underway for the next Community SHINE / Festival of Light event due to take place on Thursday 2 November.
- Parents’ meetings for this session:
S1 Monday 6 November
S2 Tuesday 14 November
S3 Thursday 8 February
S4-S6 Wednesday 22 November or Monday 4 December
- Our Career/Learner Pathway event is due to take place on Tuesday 28 November, 6.30-8.30pm.
- The Christmas Fayre planning is already underway for Thursday 7 December in the school.