Parent Council – Minutes of Meetings (please click below to view)
Message dated 22 March 2016
As budget cuts bite deep, Nairn Academy Parent Council wishes to raise awareness that the need to support our school and broaden educational opportunities for all pupils here in Nairn has never been greater and in an attempt to address this we have launched our Local Giving page. The page will always display a list of items which we would like to purchase for the school and the shopping list will always be for items that benefit every pupil, not just small groups. If we can buy lightbulbs or repair lockers the school can spend it’s £130 per pupil budget on more creative endeavours. The site is easy to use, donations can be a one off or monthly and the added benefit is that we can claim gift aid if you are a tax payer. Please take a look at the link below and help us to provide valuable funds for our children’s education..
Please click on the above logo to find out more about FONA. If you are keen to show your support the bank standing order form and information on how you could win one of 2 cash prizes can be downloaded here.
This section is for your Parent Council. They should write a brief summary introducing themselves and their aims.
Includes in this section:
- List of all Parent Council Members and their roles were applicable
- Contact details of the Parent Council
- Dates/Times/Location of planned meetings
- Agenda for meetings
- Previous meeting minutes
- Copy of the instiution
PCs should also use this section to promote any events that they are running. They should also use the section to inform parents of information or to ask parents for their ideas/opinions etc.
Links which might be useful to include in this section:
- Scottish Parent Teacher Council – SPTC is the national organization for parents’ groups in Scottish schools. They offer help and advice to all parents.
- National Parent Forum of Scotland – The NPFS was set up to give Parent Councils and Parents an opportunity to discuss and raise educational issues of mutual interest or concerns at a national level.
- ParentZone – a useful site for all parents and carers.
- Review of the Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006